Monday, June 20, 2011

RPGs and What Makes Me Awed About 'Em

I don't own any RPG games. But I have seen people play them. And let me tell you, it looks really cool if you haven't seen someone play. I'm not going to tell you how I know of these things but here's the point. After seeing these things, I became instantly interested. The immersion in the game is just amazing and how they try to get people into the action and adventure of gaming.

If you don't know what and RPG it basically stands for Role Playing Game. It's not much really when it comes down to it... ok actually, it's ALOT! There's stores, and quest and just a whole bunch of other things. Some famous examples of RPGs are the Fallout franchise, the Final Fantasy franchise, Oblivion (I'm guessing the whole Elder Scrolls series is). Look, I do not game. It's expensive and just overall annoying sometimes but I still can't help but feel amazed by what developers can do. They can bring worlds to life! NPCs are now living. Well not living but you can interact with them. You can interact with objects like normal. As if you were there! Imagine, one day, maybe we'll be able to explore and live these worlds like our own. Slip on some goggles and we'll be in a whole 'nother world! When that happens (not "if", when) I will completely nerd out. Even if I never get the chance to acctually experience it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment