Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Advanced English Just May Be The Death of Me

Have you ever worked really hard for something then it ended up being something you weren't sure you wanted? I'm not talking about... begging your parents for.... a TV but they didn't care to get you cable so all you can watch is news and golf. But I mean actually working for something, like Advanced English. All yeah I worked hard for the chance to be above my peers and now, I'm not sure if I really want too. Maybe because they said I would probably be getting 80's from now on in English or maybe it's my mother's constant obsession with getting 100 in everything. Maybe both.

My mother is not the person to let their daughter just do what they want. Even in summer. Nope, she wants me to memorize 500 high level vocabulary words before September! She says ten a day wouldn't be so bad, but in reality, she's testing me on thirty words a day because she always wants to "Review". Ha! Review! Half of these words I know already! But the other half... well they're words like "ameliorate" and "stratagem". Okay, I do need practice. So what I'm going to do is write something using the words in front of me. (They're all A's by the way)

Dear Sir Edward J. Howard.


Sir, I am writing to inform you of your child's un-accpetable attitude towards me! It has come to my attention that this needs to be fixed as soon as possible! At first, let me tell you, I didn't see that would turn to be this bad. I only thought of it to be just part of growing up and becoming a lovely young woman. I simply thought it to be natural and she would grow out of this. Unfortunately I turn out wrong, and as her governess, I would like to see this taken care of as soon as possible so that I may be able to teach her with grace and persistence.  


I often find it hard to appease Anna's harsh in-articulate language and overall brazen attitude towards me.  Well, when she does find herself upset. Over these past years I have assessed the sudden, often shocking mood-swings of Anna D. Howard. After a series of test I have concluded: Anna Howard is often an amicable person who anyone would be comfortable approaching. Her stunning acuity of other's feelings often makes me feel as if I were and open book, ready to be read by Anna Howard. She is adept in the skill of affable manners, jokes and such other things that would be considered chivalrous in our modern society. She is amiable, un-apathetic towards other's feelings and could be see as the next person to ameliorate our down-hill running world.  But don't be fooled! She can be as harsh and as rude as any of us. I have often seen her spitting out bold comments, offensive comments even. She has been caught bullying and belittling a younger person in every way possible. And she has just been absolutely  horrendous in way I shall not even mention. These are ways that are better off forgotten. And it's strange. One minute she's a lovely girl bound to be successful in life and then the next minute, I think she ought to be either in prison of in an asylum! My, that girl! 


Please, sir, for the sake of your daughter and I. Please address this situation to her. If you are in need of more detailed information I would be happy to inform you. Thank you. 


Sincerely,
Ms. Perinella M. Bekket


Hmm, that was actually pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment