Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nostalgia

It's kinda creepy when I think about it now, how my mind worked back then. Back when I was in... let's see, third grade. It's creepy because I seemed to have the same mind set about writing then as I do now. Back then, I wasn't just into writing, I thoroughly believe that I was destined to be the next J.K. Rowling or C.S. Lewis. I wrote and wrote and I grew cocky. I wrote some more and now, years later. I look back and I find my self laughing at how depth-less and just plain.... strange and stupid my stories were.

Somehow, miraculously even, I found my old notebook lying over my laptop just begging for me to read. As the curious person I am, I cracked it open to the first page. The first story.

If I found a time machine I would go back to the past to meet Ruth Becker. I would bring Maria. In Landon we hoped adored.  A girl taped maria's shoulder. "Hellow, my name is Ruth." "Hellow, this is Maria and I'm [Insert my name here]. Nice to meet you," The next marning we heard a knock. "Come in!" she said. "What's wrong with your voice?" I asked hesatanly. "The boat is sinking!!!" She screamed "To the boat!!! wrry!!!" We  didn't dare to change. We ran quickly up to deck. We all fall are. "OWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!" I scream. Rithpopped up. "Come on!" we waced ti the life boat. At the corner of my eye is saw the time machine. I graded Maria's arm. "AHHH" she screamed. "Com on I found the time machine. We sliped through the crow of people. we raced into the machine. f "home sweet home" I said panting. We left with a picture of Ruth Becker.


At first, the only thing that popped in my mind was: Who the heck  is Ruth Becker?

To my surprise my third grade self seemed to be fairly well read when it come to things having to do with the Titanic. I actually found that I was correct that Ruth Becker was on the Titanic and she was twelve when she boarded the Titanic as well, so she was young.  I was just amazed that I got that  right. How did I come to know about Ruth Becker? I have no idea. The next thing too. Who is Maria? I don't remember being friends with a Maria. I was friends with a Melissa and a Marissa but those are the only M's. This Maria person is still a mystery today.

I couldn't help but laugh at this too. My bad grammar and my spelling errors still reflect today but thanks to spell check, I don't have to wrry.

No comments:

Post a Comment